Marriage is one of the greatest loves of life. It is one of the most powerful connections a man and woman can experience.
No matter how wonderful a marriage starts out, there are times when the couple will find it may become a struggle to fight through the rough times hand in hand. We cannot look toward divorce; instead, we must look to God.
With help from Crosswalk.com, we present to you 12 moving Bible verses to help strengthen your marriage.
Remember God is there to help you and lead the way.
1. “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.” -Prov. 3:3-4
2. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” -Josh. 1:9
3. “He blesses the home of the righteous.” -Prov. 3:33
4. “Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” -Prov. 16:24
5. “Two are better than one.if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion.” -Ecc. 4:9-10
6. “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” -Phil. 2:3-4
7. “Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.” -Prov. 10:9
8. “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” -Eph. 4:32
9. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you hope and a future.” -Jer. 29:11
10. “Walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” -Eph. 4:1-3
11. “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Col. 4:6
12. “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.” -Prov. 5:18
“I think of Blessed Paul VI. At a time when the problem of population growth was being raised, he had the courage to defend openness to life in families. […] He also had a broader vision: he looked at the peoples of the earth and he saw this threat of families being destroyed for lack of children. Paul VI was courageous; he was a good pastor and he warned his flock of the wolves who were coming. From his place in heaven, may he bless this evening!”
– Pope Francis – Address to families, Manilla, Philippines, January 16th, 2015