Fear is a powerful thing. Fear can completely cripple the body and soul. When we are afraid for too long, we risk losing our faith in the struggle for a peaceful eternity. God does not instill fear, he dispels it. God wants us to be happy, to be joyful; to be settled and at peace.
In times of fear, it is important to remember that God is in control. Trust in God and your fear will fade.
Here are five bible verses to help when fear and terror strikes:
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7
– God wants all aspects of our lives to be peaceful. He has given us his Spirit; his very life. For this reason we are called to be both joyful and be instruments of joy as well.
“God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.” Psalm 46: 1-2
– And when we are afraid, when terror strikes, what do we do? We do not sit and be scared, we run to God who is above all and is all powerful. Do you actually take time to think what it means that we have a God who loves us above all things, who wishes above all things to save us, and who is allpowerful and can save us? Go to Jesus, talk to him, he makes all things new !
“When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. 25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; 26 For the Lord will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught.” Proverbs 3:24-26
– When we are in God, when we are in the state of grace and at peace in our hearts, we are not afraid of anything. We can never lose ! We can never be defeated ! The beautiful thing about someone who loves deeply and believes wholeheartedly is that no matter the situation, your interior joy never goes sour. No matter what evil is around: people, natural disasters, terrorist threats etc. You can never lose peace. You sure must do what is neccesary to avoid and if you’re in the position, avert the problems. But when you cannot, God will ensure it will be all gain for you. Maybe not the way you plan it, but what’s more than having and keeping God’s friendship for eternity?
“So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:6
– Our point exactly. When you are in God, no man can scare you.
“And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” Matthew 10:28
– For what can they do? Harm only the body and never touch the soul where the Almighty Lover lives and rules !
Peace be with you !